All prices are in US$ unless stated otherwise. See our Ordering
and Delivery FAQ for more information.
Body Area Networks and Advances in Short- range Wireless Communications
Practel, Inc. - 2/1/2011 - ID: PT6126753
| ||Publisher Purchase Options|
|PDF E-mail From Publisher ||$3,990.00 || Add to cart |
|Global Site License Fulfilled by Publisher ||$5,990.00 || Add to cart |
|Hard Copy Mail Delivery ||$4,250.00 || Add to cart |
Abstract | Table
This report is continuing the Practel project, which addresses an increasing role of Wireless ICT (WICT) in the developing of health care and wellness to reduce the cost and improve the quality of services.
Ambient Intelligence is a vision where environment becomes smart, friendly, context-aware and responsive to any type of human needs. In such a world, computing and networking technology coexist with people in a ubiquitous, friendly and pervasive way. Numerous miniature and interconnected smart devices create a new intelligence and interact with each other seamlessly. For health care, this translates into proliferation of remote monitoring and telemedicine; and the report concentrates on advances in WICT to support medical and wellness needs.
Particular, the report:
1. Provides up-to-date information on the WBAN (Wireless Body Area Networks) development. This includes the standardization process and the evolving industry marketing data.
2. Provides the up-to-date analysis of the Bluetooth technology and market with the emphasis on the medical profile.
3. Provides the up-to-date analysis of the ZigBee technology and market with the emphasis on the medical profile.
4. Provides the analysis of the Ultra Wideband technology and market and its application in telemedicine and fitness.
5. Provides the analysis of the self-powered sensors technologies and markets and their role the WBAN development.
6. Provides the analysis of WICT trends in the advancing wellness and sport activities.
7. Provides a survey of the industry vendors and their products portfolios.
The report was written for a wide audience of medical and technical staff responsible for the developing of advanced telemedicine and wellness applications that are based on wireless communications.
to View Enlarged