All prices are in US$ unless stated otherwise. See our Ordering
and Delivery FAQ for more information.
Plunkett's Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Almanac 2012
Plunkett Research, Ltd. - 7/22/2011 - 494 Pages - ID: PLK6463144
| ||Publisher Purchase Options|
Abstract | Table
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
?Plunkett Research has built a solid reputation providing industry analysis and research in a diverse spectrum of areas?energy and utilities, finance and investment, health care and biotechnology, and engineering and research to name a few.? American Reference Books Annual
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives
- Using the online access tools, you will be able to select and export key data, after you register
The cell phone is the fastest-selling consumer electronic in the world. On a global basis, over 1 billion cellular telephones are sold each year. More camera-equipped cell phones are sold each year than stand-alone digital cameras. More MP3 player-equipped cell phones are sold than stand-alone MP3 players. Rapid development of new technologies is leading to ever more versatile, multipurpose mobile devices, including Internet-enabled cell phones and PDAs.
Meanwhile, wireless networking and wireless Internet access are developing and expanding on a global basis at a rapid rate. Booming technologies include such 802.11 standards as Wi-Fi and WiMax, as well as Ultra Wide Band (UWB) and Bluetooth. WiMax, with its low cost and range of up to 30 miles, may revolutionize the wireless industry. Major WiMax investments were recently announced by Motorola, Intel, Sprint Nextel and others.
Telematics, intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and satellite radio will soon create an entertainment, navigation and communications revolution within automobiles and trucks. Meanwhile, RFID (radio frequency identification) will revolutionize wireless tracking, inventory and logistics at all levels, from manufacturing to shipping to retailing.
These developments are creating challenges for legacy companies and opportunities for nimble marketers and managers. For example, myriad new mobile commerce (mCommerce), mobile subscriptions and advertising opportunities abound for companies ready to embrace mobile subscribers.
Consumers in nations such as Japan and South Korea have already shown that they are more than willing to access quality mobile content and next generation services on a subscription basis, including news, wireless TV, animation and filmed entertainment scripted and adapted for the small, mobile screen.
Meanwhile, in major Asian markets, cell phones are rapidly evolving into mobile payment systems, where consumers are able to use cell phones to wirelessly, instantly make purchases at vending machines, train ticket stalls and elsewhere.
Our new Plunkett's Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Almanac and our online Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Research Center cover these sectors in detail.
Our coverage includes business trends analysis and industry statistics. We also include a wireless and cellular business glossary and a listing of industry contacts, such as industry associations and government agencies. Next, we profile hundreds of leading companies. Our company profiles include complete business descriptions and up to 27 executives by name and title. Online tools enable you to search, filter and view selected companies and organizations, and then to export selected company contact data, including executive names.
The exciting new book and Online Research Center cover competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis--everything you need to know about the wireless and cellular business, including:
1. Analysis of wireless and cellular telecommunications business trends, technologies and markets, including 3G data services
2. Wireless and cellular telephone industry statistics and tables
3. A discussion of mobile content, including subscription based news, music, mobile TV and filmed entertainment
4. An analysis of consumer trends in advanced mobile markets such as South Korea and Japan
5. An analysis of wireless networks and wireless Internet Access, including the use of Wi-Fi, MIMO and WiMax (802.11 specifications), Bluetooth and Ultra Wide Band (UWB) in the home and in the office.
6. Profiles of major cellular telephone service and wireless telecommunications companies
7. Profiles of wireless network equipment companies
8. Profiles of leading manufacturers, including makers of cell phones such as Nokia
9. Competitive intelligence regarding wireless entertainment, navigation and communication devices in cars and trucks, including ITS (intelligent transportation systems) and telematics (such as OnStar)
10. Competitive analysis of trends in RFID (radio frequency ID tags) in logistics, inventory and distribution
11. Mobile electronic games
12. And much, much more about the wireless, cellular, Wi-Fi and RFID business
You will find a complete overview, industry analysis and market research tool in one superb, value-priced package.
We provide you with our famous industry trends analysis, statistical tables, and a glossary, along with a database of industry contacts including associations and professional societies. And you receive our proprietary, in-depth profiles of hundreds of leading companies in all facets of this industry?public and private companies, U.S. and non-U.S. based.
Electronic Access to Company Profiles: Our online data enables you to search, filter and view selected companies, and then export contact data into text or Excel, including executive names with titles, plus the company addresses and phone numbers.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
Major Trends Affecting the Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry
1) 3G Cellular Systems, Including EV-DO, Are Enhanced/HSPA+ Offers High Speed Competition to 4G
2) LTE Offers 4G High-Speed Platforms, Competes with WiMAX
3) WiMAX Extends Wireless Range Far Beyond Wi-Fi
4) Wi-Fi Is Pervasive and Indispensible
5) MIMO (802.11n) Enhances WiMAX for High-Speed Wireless at 150 Mbps
6) Bluetooth Provides Wireless Connectivity to Millions of Cellphones and Other Devices
7) Handset Makers Adopt Android, Push Advanced 3G and 4G Smartphones
8) RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution
9) Supply Chain Management (SCM) Software Combines with Wireless
10) Self-Check-In Kiosks, RFID and Other New Technologies Save Labor Costs for Airlines and Hotels
11) Wireless Information Systems Surge Ahead in Vehicles: Telematics, ITS and Real-Time Traffic Information
12) Cellular Phone Subscriptions Worldwide Top 5.3 Billion
13) Cellphones Revolutionize Life in Emerging Nations/mChek and M-PESA Enable Remote Banking
14) Chinese, Indian and African Cellphone Markets Skyrocket
15) Wireless Devices Become a Fast-Growing Market for Electronic Games/Angry Birds Major Success
16) Mobile Music Plays a Major Role in New Cellphones
17) Apple?s iPhone and iPod Touch Raise User Expectations and Deliver Mobile Entertainment
18) Video Via Cellphone and Mobile TV Gain Subscribers
19) GPS and Location Based Services (LBS) Enhance Cellphone Subscriptions
20) Location Based Advertising and Mobile Advertising on Cellphones Grow Quickly
21) Apple Rules in Apps/Android Plays Catch-up
22) Managing Bank Accounts via Cellphone, and Wireless (or Contactless) Payments
23) In-Flight Wireless Takes Off
24) Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) Ready to Spread/Nanotechnology Applications
25) Nanotechnology & MEMS Applications in Optics and Displays Lead to a Breakthrough in Wireless Device Screens
26) Carriers Eliminate Unlimited Access Plans for Smartphones and Landlines; Up Profit Potential
Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Statistics
1) Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Overview
2) Internet Access Technologies Compared
3) Wireless Quick Facts
4) Wireless Standards & Speeds
5) Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2003-2010
6) Top Mobile Operators by Number of Subscribers, Worldwide
7) Cellular & Other Wireless Telecommunications, Selected Expenses, U.S. Firms: 2006-2009
8) Cellular & Other Wireless Telecommunications, Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2006-2009
9) Satellite Telecommunications, Selected Expenses, U.S. Firms: 2006-2009
10) Satellite Telecommunications, Estimated Sources of Revenue: 2006-2009
11) Wireless Telecommunications Industry (Except Satellite) Employment, U.S.: 2001-2010
to View Enlarged