All prices are in US$ unless stated otherwise. See our Ordering
and Delivery FAQ for more information.
Wi-Fi Hotspots: The Mobile Operator's 3G Offload Alternative
In-Stat - 9/1/2011 - 54 Pages - ID: ZZZQ6769019
| ||Publisher Purchase Options|
|PDF E-mail From Publisher ||$3,495.00 || Add to cart |
|Global Site License Fulfilled by Publisher ||$6,990.00 || Add to cart |
Abstract | Table
The hotspot market continues to surge forward with phenomenal growth in footprint and usage, a trend that In-Stat anticipates will continue. As with the past several years, growth in the hotspot market is largely being driven by wireless and broadband providers embracing Wi-Fi as both a competitive differentiator and enhancement to core services. How hotspots are being used, the frequency, and the occasion for usage all continue to transition due to a variety of factors, including:
The report provides the following:
- Wide-scale adoption of Wi-Fi-enabled handsets and a blending of mobile and Wi-Fi experiences
- Further integration of Wi-Fi into mobile operator strategies
- A promise of automatic login and seamless access as next-generation hotspot technologies are implemented in coming years
- Revised payment models shifting to free and bundled access
- New application potential, including mobile video and location-based services.
- Venue and usage forecast by venue category and region
- In-Stat TAP survey results on hotspot usage and perceptions
- Analysis of hotspot access devices, and usage distinctions between laptop and non-laptop devices
- Classification of venue types and related usage trends
- Analysis of market growth opportunities and barriers
- Evaluation of hotspot business models and the transition to ?free access.?
to View Enlarged